When they said The way to a mans heart is food they were not kidding for my husband. All you have to do to win him over is make something with pumpkin, pumpkin muffins,l pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, pumpkin cookies, etc. I want to share with you today our favorite Pumpkin spice Cookies with you. These are uber yummy and with the new Cool Whip vanilla Frosting they are awesome! As my husband said “they taste lie pumpkin pie!”
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat butter and both types of sugar together. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Scoop two teaspoons of dough (I used a small cookie scoop) onto prepared cookie sheet. Flatten dough into cookie shape (it will not spread so make it the size and thickness desired).
- Bake for 15 minutes, until cookies feel slightly hard when pressed gently. Let cool completely.
- Combine all icing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.